6 years cancer free, please donate $6 to the Lance Armstrong Foundation!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Day 2


My morning started with an interview with the Owatonna People's Press in the lobby of the Grand Hotel Owatonna. In the mean time Nia and Nancy cleaned the bikes and Peet served me breakfast. It's great to be famous!
We are slowly finding out that more radio stations have featured my story in Minnesota and that my story was on "the wire".
The sky was still gray but no rain and a favorable wind for our ride today.
Owatonna to Mason City Iowa, 70 miles or 112km. Nia saved me with her legwarmers because the pant I brought for cold days turned out to be very uncomfortable. The ride took us through a lot of cornfield with even a handful of chasing dogs. We crossed the border into Iowa before lunch and had the wind blow us down highway 65 into Northwood. Here we stopped at a small local coffee shop for "Taco Tuesday" lunch, Nia had some of Barbie's homemade chili, which was very tasty.
Than it was of for the last ride with the three of us. Through Manly playing a game of name that shape with new patches of asphalt into Mason City. Peet had gotten yet an other free room for the night, this time in the Holiday Inn! Thank you for your support Holiday Inn, Mason City.
We finished this part of the trip with a diner at the hotel and than it was time to say "See you later" to Nia and Nancy. Thanks ladies for getting me on the road, I'll miss your company. Who is going to call at almost every town we pass "I love....." and who will make laugh making wild gestures while riding along side me!
I'm of the bed to get ready for my first sole ride! Goodnight!
Sis

6 Comments:

  • At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You may be riding solo but there are all of us in "blogspace" who are traveling with you in spirit. This is what all the training has been for! Enjoy the wonderous asphalt shapes today.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go Annemiek!!

    See you in Austin!!

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Luck to you and your adventure...fun meeting with you and your friends last night, glad I could help...the drive home was full of lots of talking and finally SLEEP! Nancy sent out this blogsite ealier today to all her contacts...I am doing the same.

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Annemiek!! The wound clinic is cheering you on....we are jealous of all the fresh air you are getting....we could use some around here! Have fun. Stay safe! Keep on truckin!!

     
  • At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Continue to think about you and wish you well in the fields of Iowa
    Lisa K

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So happy that everything is going well so far. It's so cold, damp and miserable here. I'm rootin for you and wishing well. Definitely more fun than chemo!!! Thinking of you. Be safe and ride hard. Jacqui

     

Post a Comment

<< Home