6 years cancer free, please donate $6 to the Lance Armstrong Foundation!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ready to leave

Only 3 more days of work before I leave. I'm trying to get everything ready, last minute silent auction items, haircut and color, date night and pictures for the Pioneer Press.
Floyd came up with the idea to e-mail the Governor to send me off on Monday. Since I'm riding from Capitol MN to Capitol TX maybe I can deliver a flag to his colleague down South.
After work I met up with the photographer 2x during my ride home, I made sure to wear my CCC jersey, looking all sharp with my helmet on.
After this it was off to Donna for a haircut and color always fun. She decided on fall colors and leaving my hair a little longer. The colors didn't come out as dramatic as she hoped for but it looks good, ready to meet Lance:-)
Deb and I walked to a Thai restaurant across the freeway and had a wonderful diner.
Now it's time to go to bed, tomorrow "Blondie" gets 4 new tires.
Sis

6 Comments:

  • At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go Team!!! So I guess you didn't really get your wish of good weather at least on your send off...oh well, it can only get warmer...right?? You are definitely an INSPIRATION...and to think, I thought walking in 5 inch heels in front of a bunch of people was tough!! I will keep watching for your posts, GOOD LUCK!!

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ps it's shannon!! :)

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your 1st day - we are rooting for you and our thoughts are with you!!

    Jos & Vera, Leiden

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have had you on my mind this morning...it's raining! Glad I got a chance to see you at work this weekend and give you my best wishes for a wonderful adventure!Hope you get a chance to post some updates along the way. Kick it!

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go Sis!! You have been in my thoughts...great article in the paper. It got posted at work and I sent it to my whole family via email. Sorry about the weather, I anticipate it will only get better. Take care and good luck.

    Lisa Kuehn

     
  • At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd love to be riding with you. I am originally from Northern MN, (Chisholm) and now live in Boulder City NV. Made too many other commitments though. See you at the RftR. A fellow CCC member.
    Go safely.
    Each day is a gift. Why not share it with someone?
    Carpe diem
    Bob "the seasoned one" Sega

     

Post a Comment

<< Home