6 years cancer free, please donate $6 to the Lance Armstrong Foundation!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Day 5


We woke up way to early, because the alarm went off at yet again 7 am!
Dark clouds and a lot of wind, coming out off the south! My riding direction today……yes also south! We had breakfast in yet an other buffet version, which took us longer than realized so we left again around 9am. Peet drove me out of town and started at the beginning of yet an other very long straight road with lots of rolling hills!
The wind and hill slowed me down but at the end of the morning the sky started to clear up. Peet started riding in front of me to block the wind, but this didn’t really made a difference other than it made driving for her more challenging and gave me something the chase.
We crossed into Missouri around 2pm and had lunch by the side of the road. Bagels with peanut butter, diet coke and trail mix. I decided to try my book on tape to entertain myself a little on the rolling hills. It worked great I got in my zone and made it 132km today. Not all the way to King City but more than the schedule that I set up for myself. One important lesson I have learned so far is that all cities I planned on my trip are further apart than I measured in my planning. So far every day has been longer than I anticipated and even than I wasn’t at the city I had on my schedule.
The great thing so far is that we have had the hotel stay donated every night. Today we are staying at the Stoney Creek Inn in St. Joseph, a wonderful room and great pool. We just finished dinner and are ready to sleep to get ready for tomorrow.
Sis

9 Comments:

  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Zo te zien wordt het tijd voor een rustdag.
    Tot morgenmiddag.

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Scott Joy said…

    Keep on cranking! I look forward to meeting you next month!

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep up the great job!
    Love the pictures and the updates...keep them coming.

     
  • At 2:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wens je veel succes toe. Ben zelf ook een fietsliefhebber. In 2003 borstbesparend en alleen bestraling gehad. Deze zomer voor het eerst weer op fietsvakantie van Ermelo naar Mainz, in 10 dagen 50km per dag. Je moet klein beginnen, van terras naar terras, maar met volle bepakking en camperen is mijn vertrouwen weer terug. Volgend jaar naar ?????
    Groeten en chi van Willy

     
  • At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    May the road rise to meet you,
    May the wind be always at your back,
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    The rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

    Annemiek, we here in the clinic wanted to wish you this Irish Blessing to keep your spirits up. It sounds like you are exceding your expectations for travel each day, which is great!! We here at home are very proud of you and hope that your backside doesn't get too sore! ;-)
    Sarah and the rest of the Clinic

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Zeg dames,

    we zitten nu al drie dagen zonder update. Komt er nog nieuws???
    Erik

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What you are doing is fantastic.... I wish I could be riding with you. I rode across Canada this year to raise awareness of prostate cancer.... 7965 km in 70 days.... It was an amazing experience. I love reading your updates - they bring back fond memories - so keep them coming! And the pictures are great too. Enjoy the experience, but don't trust anyone who doesn't ride a bike when they say it's 'flat' or 'all down hill from here' LoL....

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Annemiek,
    I have five words for you...Beef! It's what's for dinner

    Stay strong, pal.
    Helen

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Soooooo, have you gotten lost in Missouri? What's happening out on the road? Inquiring minds want to know! Hope it's going well. Look forward to your next update.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home