6 years cancer free, please donate $6 to the Lance Armstrong Foundation!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Road block


Riding down de Greenway (a rail to trail path, that I ride every day to get to work) yesterday morning I was in for a surprise. They were tearing down one of the bridges crossing overhead. Which meant that the path was blocked. No detour available, so I had to pickup my bike and climb the stairs to the street level. Walk through an apartment buildings yard. The urban challenge of the day, topped off later by a train crossing and me arriving at work just in time!
So today I was pre-paired and guess what they set up a detour for bikes! The only problem was it made my commute about 7 minutes longer! Firstly because of the length of the detour and then because the detour was set up so that it didn’t bring you back to the trail! Nice!
But the weather has been wonderful these last days. Yesterday I took the long way home, which got me a daily total of about 30 miles, not bad with a day of work in between.
Today I added a 30 minutes run to the end of the day, after the normal 20 miles on the bike, commuting to work and back.
Everybody is out in their yards, planting flowers, cutting grass and improving their overall moods.
Now I just need to get back into the pool someday, because my free-style isn’t very free. I always feel like I’m struggling through a pool full of mud, not going anywhere fast. Last year I swam breaststroke all the way. To the discontent of my swim coach, but who wouldn’t if it gets you there faster!
Just a few more days before I fly off to the Netherlands. I can’t wait to see everybody there!
Ride on!
Thank you Neal and Margaret for the donation!
Sis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home