6 years cancer free, please donate $6 to the Lance Armstrong Foundation!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Restday 2



The day started with an interview with the Tulsa World newspaper, thanks for listening to and printing my story!
Than we were off to get some errands done; laundry and bike repair. Lee’s Bike store hooked me up with 20% discount on tires and a great deal on my repair, thanks Mark.
Breakfast at BBD’s a waffle for dad, toast for mom and a light pancake, scrambled eggs and toast for Peet.
Back at the hotel, Peet and I decorated the room with laundry, good thing we have such a big room. The housekeeping lady thought it was a funny sight.
We checked out the Kansas River from a walking/bike bridge that used to be a railroad bridge. We saw big fish, turtles, white and gray herons have an all they can eat fish buffet in the shallow water behind the dam.
The Philbrook museum was next on the agenda, a nice collection including Native American paintings and pottery and beautiful gardens.
For dinner me parents and I met Mike, Steve and Ginny from CCC at PF Chang, a tradition I heard.
It was great to meet some fellow CCC-ers in person and we had plenty of things to talk about. Plans are made for Mike to ride with me tomorrow morning, sending me off for the second half of my trip. Thanks Tulsa for your hospitality!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello there, I have been keeping up with your daily riding.. Sounds like you are having a nice ride! The weather has been pretty good! Take care and have fun! Keep those wheels spinnin. :) kari

     
  • At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Annemiek, It was very nice meeting you and your parents. I am amazed and encouraged by your adventure. Have a great time in Austin. Send my regards to Lance. Ginny Bourke

     

Post a Comment

<< Home