6 years cancer free, please donate $6 to the Lance Armstrong Foundation!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

day 13


Haywood to Durant 138km- 86 miles
Rolling off our high bed around 7am to get ready for an other day of riding. But first we had breakfast at the hotel and went grocery shopping for lunch.
The team dropped me off at Haywood, just West of McAlester. The road quality was pretty bad and the first miles the rolling hills returned from the past. The temperature was 80+ F early in the morning, which told me I wasn’t in Iowa anymore. The wind was still coming out of the South felt like I was paddling into a blow dryer. But enough complaining: I’m still riding strong, no injuries and the best support team one can hope for on a trip like this! Thanks Peet for getting free nights at hotels, riding with me in the afternoon and keeping my parents out of trouble. Thanks mom for paying for all our food, filling up our stomachs and worry about the little things. Thanks dad for asking a lot of questions about a lot of things, riding the car behind me (or us) and packing up the car every day. I know I’ve got to do most of the paddling but wouldn’t be able to do it without your help!
The ride was a long and hot one today. Lunch was served in Wapanucka at the side of the road right next to the City Hall. After a little while a nice man approached us wondering if we “had broke down or where just having lunch. He was happy to find out that we were indeed just having lunch and “were not broke down’.
Peet jumped on the bike to work a little on her tan and get some km in her legs. It turned out to be a few more than we anticipated because the hotel in Durant happened to be all the way on the other side of town.
Thanks Days Inn for sponsoring me tonight.
Tomorrow we’re heading for Texas, hoping to make it all the way to Plano, which will be one day ahead of schedule. Nice!
Sis

1 Comments:

  • At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You continue to inspire me.

    Nice photo and article in the Oklahoma paper.

    You are so close - keep up the good work

    Lisa K

     

Post a Comment

<< Home